We’re proud to have Michael Gardner on Alight’s team! Our users know they can always trust ChannelMix with their data — in large part because of the hard work that Michael and other developers do.
Learn about Michael in his Q&A!
Jr. Database Developer
So what do you DO at Alight?
I pull data into ChannelMix from various sources, so our clients can use it for analysis and reporting. I also help with any discrepancies in the data to ensure they have the most accurate data at their disposal.
What did you do before you came to Alight?
Many different things! Mainly I worked in kitchens making your favorite desserts. I was even part of the team that opened the Gordon Ramsay Steak at Harrah’s Casino in North Kansas City.
What do you like to do when you aren’t at work?
Spending time with friends, calligraphy, video games, and a nice walk every now and again.
People might be surprised to learn that you …
Studied French pastries in France for three months during school. Also, the aforementioned calligraphy.
What’s your favorite snack?
That’s tough, because snacks are my life. Though I have to admit, Goldfish crackers just hit the spot!
What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
- Everything’s better with bacon!
- Duct tape fixes everything.
- Use glitter to hide your crimes (in reference to cake decorating).
- Never take yourself too seriously.
- Perception is reality.
What are your favorite movies?
- “Donnie Darko” — Very cerebral, makes you think. Also, Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal, I mean come on!
- “Pan’s Labyrinth” — Dark fantasy, and just a gorgeous story and visuals.
- “Spirited Away” (or anything from Studio Ghibli or by Hayao Miyazaki really) — Beautiful animation, great stories and settings, and they just make you feel good.